Monday, July 19, 2010

Live your life each day as you would climb a mountain. An occasional glance towards the summit keeps the goal in mind, but many beautiful scenes are to be observed from each new vantage point. -- Harold B. Melchart
So it has been a week since we completed the Triple Bypass ride. What an awesome adventure! 120 miles, 3 mountain passes (technically 4, but who's counting?) and 10,400-plus feet of elevation climbing. 3 great friends and support from home that was just unbelievable.

So then what? Decided to go ahead and ride the Katy Flatland Century, on the tri bike. Not a bad ride, and good basis for ramping up the training for the Redman Half-Iron distance in September. Got back in the pool last week for an easy swim, mostly to work out some stiffness left over from the Colorado ride.

Now it is time for more running... did I mention I don't like running? Oh well, I have a goal of beating my time in Galveston.

Wish me luck. If you pass by me on the road, just make sure I am still at least face-up. It is easier to breathe that way. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment