Wednesday, October 13, 2010

According to the laws of aerodynamics, the bumblebee can’t fly either, but the bumblebee doesn’t know anything about the laws of aerodynamics, so it goes ahead and flies anyway. -- Igor Sikorsky 

So, the plodding elephant continues to roll on. This past Saturday, I rode the Round Rock Outlaw 100, a century ride through the back roads in central Texas. This is the third time I have participated in this ride. The first time was actually my very first 100-mile ride, and the longest... seems like so very long ago, even though it has only been three years.
It wasn't the best ride I have had... there was even a section about a mile long of gravel. Seriously - the ride should have been re-routed around this mess. You run a great risk trying to propel a bicycle between rocks that are bigger across than your tires. We even considered getting off the bikes at one point, just to be safe. The winds picked up midway through the ride. But as a prep ride for Ironman Florida, it is a good ride, other than the gravel.
So, now it is time to work on the running. I need to be ready for the 3M Half-Marathon in January... wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment