Monday, May 23, 2011

Getting Excited Again...

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, taste it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.

-- Mother Teresa

Well, the training continues... I still have some soreness in the shoulder, but I think it is much more manageable now. Still have a few visits left with the chiro. (speaking of my chiro, John Tuggle, you ARE an Ironman!  TriDoc finished the Ironman Texas this past weekend, wearing lime green jersey AND lime green hair!) 
The swimming seems to be helping, in that I can stay in the aero bars longer. 
The running is improving, I have managed 2 occasions where I did sub-10 minutes-per-mile averages. They were not awfully long, 4 - 4.5 miles each.
I went down to Ironman Texas to watch some friends participate, and to volunteer at the run aid station set up by Team RWB, which is a group which supports are returning warriors. Our friend Brittany, herself a multiple-Ironman finisher, was there and needed help working the late shift. I know that I will hope to have friendly faces on my late run in Florida, so I felt like the IMTX folks probably felt the same way. I watched the swim start and then the swim finish until all the folks I knew were out of the water. After grabbing something to eat, we went back and watched the first bunch of pros coming in off the bike. After that, I headed out on the motorcycle to Mile 100 to see if I could catch my friends on their return trip. Was excited to see not only my friends, but so many participants happy for a face on the side of the road. Some lady pulled over, said she was stuck in the traffic for quite some time trying to get through the ride route, so she figured she might as well cheer the riders on rather than sit in her car going nowhere. Pretty cool... we got a number of drivers cheering out their windows instead of griping about traffic.
Sunday I rode part of the bike course to get in my workout, then loaded up the motorcycle, the bike and stuff, and drove home, seeing a lot of Ironman finishers along the way.
After watching these folks, I am getting pretty excited about the Ironman Kansas 70.3 on June 12. Looking forward to the trip. Time to start the packing list.
Found out today a high school girl is going to ride from the Canadian border to the Mexican border, raising awareness of Heart Disease, and will come right through our area. I hope to ride part of the trip one day or the other. I would love to be able to do that ride some day.
Finally got the new jerseys designed and ordered, but it isn't likely I will have them in time for IM Kansas... darn it.
Oh, well, I will look good doing the training.

No comments:

Post a Comment