Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Getting Back To It!

The plodding elephant strikes again! I managed to get through the 3M Half-marathon and finish vertically. It was a bit slower than last year, but it was still good to get out there. I managed to see just about all my friends that I knew were running… easy to do when they all pass me!
I also managed to get my first century of the year completed. One down, 11 more to go… I am such a sucker for a challenge. 12 centuries in 12 months. Oh, well, better that than 12 marathons! – no complaints here. The next one is scheduled for this Sunday, so hopefully we will have decent weather.
I got the website put together for the Team Red, White and Blue Austin Triathlon Camp. Take a look at it – www.AustinTriCamp.com.  We have registration forms put together for the athletes, homestays and volunteers, and it looks like things are starting to come together for this event. I am looking forward to seeing Jessica Jacobs again, and Jessica Meyers, another veteran and triathlete pro, will also be participating. We might get a chance to meet some other pros. I got an email back from a local TV station about them possibly doing some filming, so we will hopefully get some great attention paid to these veteran-athletes.
This past weekend I was “running” the Run for Chocolate 15K in Dallas, head cold and all. Briana and Bryan, one of the guys in the Ironman book I read, was there too, so it was him again after meeting him at IMAZ. It was freaking cold, and windy at times. It was a decent run until about the mile 8 marker, when my right leg tightened up a bit from the cold.
And it looks like the wedding got moved to August 4th, because of some timing conflicts. But Amanda is happy with that, so it is a good thing. I need to make all the hotel reservation changes, but I think everything else is good to go.
 Onward, and still vertical!

No comments:

Post a Comment