Sunday, December 20, 2009

Wow! This is cool !!

This morning after church, I got the tri bike out on the road for the first time. I had pulled the pedals off the road bike yesterday for the fitting since the new ones haven't come in yet, and I have not yet bought a bottle cage or tri bottle for the bike, but I really expected to only be on the bike for about an hour or so. I wanted to test the fit, and run through the gear-shifting for a bit. We didn't mess with the gearing yesterday, so that part was still an unknown.
So off I went. The fit feels pretty good, and I am happy that the guys at the bike shop explained everything, but I did all the work. Always good to learn as much as you can about your equipment. But the derailleur and gear-shifting needs some adjustment. Looks like I will be going back to Bobby.
Ended up being on the bike about an hour and a half. I will say that I can really feel a lot of difference between the ride on the tri and that of the road bike. The ride itself felt good, although there is a bit of noticeable difference between tri shorts and bike shorts.
Looking forward to longer rides on this bike. Maybe Christmas weekend if it doesn't get too awfully cold or wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment