Saturday, January 16, 2010

And awayyyy we go!

So - it has been about a month since my last post. In the interim, I have been swimming usually twice a week, working on the running, and of course, getting on the bike. It has been a busy month with the holidays and all that entails. But I did manage to participate in the Freeze Your Fanny ride on New Year's Day.

With the new bike, I have been doing some longer rides, and realizing how much fresher I feel coming off the tri bike, compared to riding the same mileage on the road bike. But I have to maintain a balance in the time I am spending on each bike - on January 13th, I registered for my 2010 goal, the Triple Bypass ride. They changed the way they handle the registration process this year, and with a cap of 3500 riders, registration closed in less than an hour! My three fellow Triple Bypass teammates were also successful registering.

But a lot of work between now and the ride on July 10th, outside Denver... I have to prepare for the two triathlons, and get in a lot of road time on both bikes with my training coach for both her events and mine, as well as with my Triple Bypass team.

The weather hasn't cooperated much these last couple of weeks for the road riding...I like the bike trainer almost as little as I like treadmills, but you do what you gotta do, right?

Today, we had our first official Triple Bypass team practice - we did one of the Carmichael Climbing series in Allen's garage on the trainers. Tomorrow I will do a road ride on the tri bike, and then either get in a swim or a run. I am excited about good weather on a weekend for a change, and it won't last long before the next wave of ugliness rolls into the area. We plan on doing the Carmichael once a week and getting the road time in on the weekends, riding some with the Team In Training cycling team.

Looking forward to the next few months...

No comments:

Post a Comment