Saturday, January 30, 2010

Is this Colorado already?

Wow, it was windy today, and we started the ride at below freezing temps. Rode the "mall crawl" - up 360 from Barton Creek Mall almost to 183, around past Anderson High School and back down 360 to BSS on South Lamar... this time with a trip up Courtyard thrown in. A couple of alumni rode with us to the bridge at the river, and then it was three of us the rest of the way.
After riding the Carmichael series the last couple of Wednesdays, the mind automatically went to "try to be consistent with the cadence, don't worry about the speed". So that is what I tried to do on this ride.
But the boys have compact doubles or triples - me? I was on my Fuji which is a regular double... this was my first trip up Courtyard, and you want to talk about some steep road! There is a false crest thrown in there, but at least you get to take a couple deep breaths part way up.
I am excited, though - we put together the website for the Triple Bypass team (www.triplebypass.me) and we have over $500 in the fundraising account already. We had a "conference" sitting in the truck before we started the ride this morning, and with some suggestions from Briana, we came up with some changes to the website.
Tomorrow swimming and Monday running, I think. Since I bought my wetsuit Sunday, I am looking forward to getting into the water in it. But I want to make sure somebody else will be out there, having never done this before. Maybe I can talk somebody in my training class into swimming, or get coach Steve out there.
The wind seems to be holding up for our rides, pretty consistently. Last Saturday, and again this weekend. Tomorrow is supposed to be colder that it was today, so likely a swim instead of a ride.
Last but not least, I registered for my third triathlon (yeah, I can hear what you are thinking - "You haven't even done ONE yet, so why register for another one?") -- the Pflugerville Tri. They are limiting the number of participants this year, which is a good thing for me - less people to try and drown me. It is close to home, and it is just sprint distance.
So - I have registered for events in April, May, June and July... three triathlons and the Triple Bypass ride. Busy season ahead!
Practice, practice, practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment