Thursday, January 28, 2010

I have met the devil !

I say that in jest... our team riding the Triple Bypass in July 2010 is meeting on Wednesday nights to work on climbing skills, on the trainers. Kristen bought Allen the Chris Carmichael Climbing Series, and we work out to those - Speed, Endurance and Power. These things are brutal! I am sure we will get to the point where we can ride the session and look like the folks on the video when we get done, but for now it is puddles of sweat. Great workouts, though.
And the swimming and running continues. On some evenings I will ride and then jump into the running shoes. Tuesday I managed to get on the tri bike and push for almost 11 miles (I need to measure out the 12 mile marker) averaging almost 20mph. I know Galveston is fairly flat, so hopefully the push on the hills will help.
Soon it will be time to try out the wetsuit in the lake. I am looking forward to that - hopefully nobody will shoot the beached whale in the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment