Friday, July 1, 2011

The Time Has Come To Kick It In Gear...

It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on Earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it were the only one we had.    By Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Well, the training is picking up a bit. Granted, completing Ironman Kansas 70.3 affects the numbers a bit, but I managed to get in a workout almost every day. The runs are starting to get a little longer, as dictated by my favorite running coach...
June Monthly training totals:
Swim:  6442.00 Yd - 4h 04m 34s
Bike:  474.08 Mi - 29h 07m 42s
Run:  55.60 Mi - 11h 38m 35s
Strength:  12h 05m
Sport:  5h 00m

July will bring another century ride, the Katy Flatland, and another triathlon, the Waco Tri. And hopefully, other activities will not impact the training plan. There may be some job changes in the near future, but that is to be expected as a contracted employee, and I will just have to deal with the stress of going through that.
So with Kansas completed, I got that monkey off my back. I am very happy about that, even though it was a rougher course than Galveston.
I rode this past Saturday with a couple of other IMFL 2011 participants, and I hope to continue those rides. It helps to have somebody along who is in training mode as well. But I won't turn down a ride regardless, and there will be a number of opportunities coming up in the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment