Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Plan Is Coming Together --

The best portion of a good man's life is the little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love. -- William Wordsworth

These things are going EVERYWHERE!
It has been a bit light, training-wise, for the last week or two. I have been trying to get a lot of miscellaneous things taken care of so I can focus on the training, and I think I have managed to do so. Tonight I plan on swimming and possibly a short run on the treadmill. I am still a bit concerned about the left knee but with light activity it seems to be okay so far. I rolled the other night and there were some muscles definitely getting my attention.
The back of the Support Shirts




In other news, Mike J got my Supporter shirts printed, and I have added the pocket labels for the various groups... Coach Jeff and Coach Briana, my Cardiac Tri Team, the Crew, and the Cardiac Team - survivors but not athletes. I am so excited... these shirts are going to New York, Pittsburgh, LA, and of course, Plano and Austin. I already told you that part of the monies from selling the shirts will support the fight against heart disease, so it is all good... the first batch is completely spoken for!
There is a story with one group of shirts, but I will have to wait to say anything to see if the plan comes to fruition.
Went out to Lake Pflugerville this past weekend to do a mini-tri but the water was so freaking cold, I lasted in there all of about 2 minutes before my feet were numb! So a 2-hour ride and a 40-minute run. Sunday it was time to spectate and cheer on my friends running the Austin Marathon and Half-Marathon. Accidentally got to meet Bart Yasso of the running fame... AND a 5-time Ironman finisher! How cool is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment