Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cold Water, Wind and Funky Knees - What A Great Training Plan!

Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me. - Carol Burnett

Things are looking pretty good since the last post. I am getting more time on the bikes, though that also includes more opportunities to change flats lately; the swim is getting better, putting in the longer sessions and alternating between distance swims and speed work; and the run is what it is. I have been doing multi-sport workouts, adding in the transitions, and going from the bike to the run is not bothering my hips as much as it used to. In another week or so, I will try to get into the lake - hopefully it won't be quite as cold.
The nutrition is coming together really well, too. The Infinit on the bike feels pretty good, in that I think the nutrition balance and the hydration is working... but I still need to remember to drink more. The gel buttons and water seem to work on the runs, and the Athletes HoneyMilk really kicks in post-workout. 
We are only 33 days out from LoneStar 70.3 at this point. I want to at a minimum improve my time, and preferably drop it by 30 minutes. That's the goal, anyway.
I am excited too about the rest of the Cardiac Ironman stuff... the t-shirts turned out nicely and I got them mailed out - from Hollywood to New York and Pittsburgh - and the Rudy Project helmet and Steel MX Optics sunglasses came in last night. So I am looking forward to getting the whole package together this weekend. I will at least LOOK like I know what I am doing...
On a different note, my sister's lumpectomy went well, though apparently in the post-surgery biopsy there was a small amount of cancer in the lymph node. P1 will be doing the chemo and radiation, and afterward said she will be "a damn good looking bald woman!" -- prayers and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
So onward toward Galveston. See ya there!

No comments:

Post a Comment