Thursday, March 10, 2011

Your Opinion Counts! (At least, that is what they are telling me!)

As of this past weekend, I have received the products from my sponsors. I made the commitment to provide feedback over the course of my training going into Ironman Florida. 
So here is what we have on hand, and what is now part of the "official" Cardiac Ironman kit:
     Rudy Project helmet
     Steel MX Optics sunglasses
     Infinit Custom-Mixed Nutrition (designed for the bike portion of the race)
     Athletes HoneyMilk recovery drink
     Cervelo P2 Tri bike
     Chevrolet Silverado
     Shirts printed by Champion Printing in Pflugerville.
There are a couple of other components to the kit, but I am still working on those, so I will let you know how that works out... think round, aerodynamic objects.

I am still working on the Eat N Park food and the Smiley Cookies testing (read:eating) -- one of the Cardiac Tri Team members, Brooks, runs the place with his family, and I am trying to figure out the best way to get the great food down here from their restaurants. Presently, they are only located up in the Northeast... maybe some dry-pack stuff. But any of you who get the chance, definitely stop in one of their locations - the menu is awesome, with loads of healthy choices!

You already know by now how successful I think the HoneyMilk is working for me. You only have to ask all the people I have given my own product to for their own experience, to know this stuff works -yeah, you guys are costing me money :-). My own workout recovery has tremendously improved as a result of these drinks. The variety of flavors (vanilla, chocolate, coffee, honey and the new strawberry-banana) offers athletes a broad choice. Personally, I have no flavor preference - I like them ALL!

So keep up - I will post after this weekend's ride and run. I am looking forward to reporting back.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, I didn't know you were doing the Longhorn or the Florida IMs so I'm glad to follow your progress. I'm all signed up for the CapTex Olympic in May so that's a biggie for me, and I'd be happy to get out there in Lk Pflug with ya to get some swim practice in...in wetsuits of course, for now! Love your race shirts by the way!

    ReplyDelete