Friday, August 5, 2011

I'm All In !! -- and that's a GOOD thing!

“When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life.” – Greg Anderson

Today was THE day... the last day that there would be any chance of being pulled from the Ironman Florida race. Today was my annual cardio stress test (isn't it kind of ironic how much we stress about a stress test, beforehand?) and my last visit with Dr. V before the race in November.
Well, suffice it to say, you know things are okay when the doctor walks in and talks about 6 other things before he even mentions the test results - pretty much like this:
       1. how is your daughter?
       2. any grandkids yet?
       3. you have a girlfriend yet? you need somebody to watch over you.
       4. did you see the plaque hanging in the waiting room? (the one I gave him last year after theTriple Bypass Ride in Colorado)
       5. looks like you recovered from the bike wreck.
       6. you are drinking enough water when you exercise, and getting the salt?
       7. and then, FINALLY - "oh, the test was perfect... but we expected that, with all the exercise, right?"
So, yeah - I got a "good luck with that Ironman thing!"  and that was that. See, I think the further down the list the test results fall, the better off I am.
I also had the opportunity to finally give him the Cardiac Ironman t-shirt I had printed, and it was fun to watch his response when he opened it up and read the front and back. He thought it was pretty funny when he read the part about my heart being built and re-built... "you should give Dr. Baptiste one of these, too"  (I do have one for Dr. B as well - just have not been over there yet.)
All righty then! We are completely in for Ironman Florida, no questions asked...
I love my doctors!

No comments:

Post a Comment