Thursday, August 25, 2011

More Time In The Running Shoes...Lots Of Time To Think


If you can imagine it, You can achieve it. If you can dream it, You can become it.

Well, it has been a couple of weeks since I last posted. Really, it has been pretty much work, train, eat, sleep...repeat - not a lot of news to report.
I rode the tollway this past Saturday again. This time I managed the hydration a little better. But it got hot really early... actually, it probably started out that way! Sunday I managed my 2nd longest run distance, 12 miles, and this coming weekend will be doing my longest-ever run (I should say run/walk), 14 miles of wonderful heat. Yup, we will be up and moving by 5 in the freakin' am just to beat the heat! I am really happy with the new running shoes though, and I think they make a big difference. I think I am running less on my heels with these. Saturday will be a 5-hour ride, so I will likely ride from the house again and maybe ride up to at least Hutto on the tollway, then back down, likely at least to 183. 
Tonight I am planning on a swim across the lake, and will use the pull buoy to simulate wearing the wetsuit. Kristi, my LoneStar finisher friend, volunteered to kayak for me, so hopefully I won't get run over by the sailboard fanatics. Should be a fun evening. 
Work has been the stressor these last couple of weeks, or maybe "non-work as a possibility" might be a better way of describing the issue. I was told by my company of four years that when my contract (that THEY wanted me in) expires at the end of the month, so does my employment. Not exactly what I had planned, but I guess I had better get something lined up. I have had discussion with a few recruiters, so we will see how it goes. I may be swinging a hammer or paint brush in a week or so... but I really didn't need this issue at this point in my training!
Oh well, what fun is life if you don't have any challenges, right?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment