Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Things May Be Coming Together...

If you think you're too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito. -- Anita Roddick

I am excited. The USA Triathlon published my story in their email newsletter, and will feature it on their website next week (probably). You can read it here. So hopefully with this, there will be more attention to the issues of heart disease. But even with just being in the newsletter, I am getting a number of positive feedback responses. Pretty awesome!
The running continues to get better. Last night it was an 11-mile run -- about 2 hours on the treadmill (yes, it IS cold outside!) but still today only minor lower back stiffness. Nothing like what I used to experience after running or long-distance rides. Water and Performance gel buttons during the run, and the HoneyMilk afterward. I am no dietitian or nutritionist, but it sure seems like the balance of carbs and protein in the Athletes HoneyMilk is really working for me as a post-performance recovery.
Speaking of the HoneyMilk...when I found out about the newsletter, I emailed my contact at Athletes HoneyMilk to see if there was any interest in sponsorship. These folks are great, and responded quickly. So there is now a link on my CardiacIronman.com website to the AHM site, and possibly a blog interview. Here's to hoping it is just the start of things to come... 
Tonight will be another swim class.  I am looking forward to learning more to improve my technique and efficiency in the water. It HAS to be better than looking like a beached whale!
Thanks again to USA Triathlon! You folks rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment