Friday, December 10, 2010

Forest Gump, I am NOT!

To me, if life boils down to one thing, it's movement. To live is to keep moving. -- Jerry Seinfeld

I have already run more than 23 miles this month, and the month is only a third gone... I think I will have run this month more than I have in any single year! I have registered for 4 5K runs, and have completed 2 of them at this point. Tomorrow will be the third, the last the day after Christmas. But the training runs are getting longer. I managed a 6-miler non-stop yesterday on the treadmill. This weekend I need to do a 7 mile run, next week an 8, etc.
After Christmas, I will be putting more time in on the bike and in the pool, but the emphasis is still on the running so that I can do the 3M Half-Marathon the end of January. And I don't know what other people are doing for strength conditioning, but I have been hauling bundles of shingles up the ladder to the roof the last couple of weeks. Those things get heavy when you are going almost straight up carrying one of them! While the weight workouts are great, I will be happy to complete this task and go back to normal-people workouts.
Another commitment in the books... I sent in my registration for the LoneStar 70.3 in Galveston. I want to be able to knock off at least 30 minutes from my time from last year.
Looking forward to receiving the shipment from the Athlete's HoneyMilk folks. Their drinks are supposed to be a good post-workout recovery tool, and they offered to ship me some to try out. I am excited about this, because it could lead to some sponsorship in the future, and it would be great to get some of the nutrition stuff ironed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment