Friday, December 31, 2010

Get Ready, 2011 - Here I Come!


You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now. -- Joan Baez

Well, it is the last day of the year, and I sit here and look at my training log with my jaw dropping. I don't think I have EVER run 70 miles in a month, much less in multiple years combined! Yet here I sit with only 3.25 miles left to reach that. Of course, I also recognize that my bike mileage is almost nil, and the swimming is minimal.
But I accept that as being part of the plan to get ready for the 3M half-marathon in a month. I knew I had to focus on this aspect of the training. In the back of my mind, I am also pondering Galveston in April, wondering if I can make any significant progress in cutting my time for a 70.3 event. Right now, I would be happy if it is 6 hours and some change, or maybe even under 6 and a half... that would be an hour less than last year! I know I can shave some time off the ride and the run both, and transitions will definitely be faster.


Front of the jersey
Back of the shirts
On another note, I am excited that I finally got my shirts and jerseys!  There is no doubt who it is coming up next to you (or when you are passing me, more likely!) when I am wearing these babies!

Happy New Year, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment